ABOUT THE PHOENIX CENTER
We are Central Illinois’ LGBTQ Community Center offering various groups, services, training, gatherings (social and educational) and transitional housing.
New at The Phoenix Center – we have an on-staff ASL interpreter available for HIV/HEP C/STD testing as well as interpretation for other services. TTY services will be available in the near future.
- 11/8/17 TRAINING – LGBT: What you need to know. (4 CEUs available). 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. @ LLCC Trutter Center
- 11/20/17 Transgender Day of Remembrance Memorial. Phoenix Center @ 6:30
- 12/1/17 World AIDS Day – Kick off for the new HIV+ support group “Positive Change”. Open house for HIV+ individuals, supportive friends and family, and care providers.
- 12/11/17 5th Annual Ugly Holiday Sweater Party – 6pm (location to be announced)
- 12/29/17 Ribbon Cutting & Open House for the M.T. Vann Room at The Phoenix Center 2-6pm. New Year’s Eve will mark the one year anniversary of the death of our dear friend M.T. Vann. This event will reveal the newly renovated training space named in her honor and allow people to stop by honor her memory.
There is a lot of information on this site so please take time to look around. If there is something that you are looking for but cannot find, please call us at 217-528-5253. Thanks for visiting our site!
Jonna J Cooley PhD, Executive Director