St. John’s Hospital Support Groups – For more information, call 217-525-5675
- Grief Support Group – General: For adults 21 and over who have had any significant loss. Every Thursday 4:30-6:00 at St. John’s Hospital, 2nd Floor, St. Clare Annex. The group is led by Dee Stern.
- SHARE Program: This support group is for parents who have lost a baby due to miscarriage or early infant death. Meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month at St. John’s Hospital, 2nd Floor, St,. Clare Annex.
- Survivors of Suicide (S.O.S.) Support Group: These informal group meetings are open to those who have had someone die from mental illness via suicide. Meetings are held from 6:45-8:00 on the first and third Tuesdays of each month at St. John’s Hospital, 2nd Floor, St. Clare Annex.
- St. John’s Hospital Memorial Service: This Memorial Services is held in St. John’s Chapel every three months and is open to anyone who has suffered a loss.
- Healing Hearts Child Bereavement: Call St. John’s Children’s Hospital at 217-757-6770 for information about this Pediatric Bereavement Program. Support groups are available for children, teens, and adults.
Always In Our Hearts – This group is open to all Central Illinois residents dealing with a loss. Location and meeting times are:
- Springfield – Memorial Home Services/Hospice Care, 720 N. Bond Street, Springfield. First and third Tuesday of each month from 5-6:30pm.
- Lincoln – Abraham Lincoln Memorial Hospital, 200 Stahlhut Dr, Lincoln. Second Thursday of each month from 5-6:30pm.
- Jacksonville – Passavant Area Hospital, 1600 W. Walnut St, Jacksonville. First and third Monday of each month from 6-7:30pm.
- Taylorville – Taylorville Memorial Hospital, 201 E. Pleasant St, Taylorville. Second and fourth Monday 6:30-8pm.
Bereaved Parents of Springfield – This group meets at 7:30 pm on the second Wednesday of each month at the Douglas United Methodist Church, 501 S. Douglas, Springfield. For more information, contact Jim Dixon at 217-691-4906.